THE ROLLER COASTER OF MY LIFE...

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Disgusted

I am really upset and disgusted at the actions of grown people tonight. We took Kaizer our for ice cream tonight at Baskin Robbins. We took him out as a treat for doing so well in school this week and getting so many AR points. He was student of the week this week and he has 95 AR points, that is a huge deal to us! He has worked hard for those points so he earned this special treat! But anyway! Before we left, we got him dressed, blue jeans shorts and a Phineas and Ferb shirt. We let him pick out his shoes and of course he picked out his John Deere boots! That has become the norm for him, shorts with his boots. He is 5 and he loves his look and you know what I do to! I think he looks very cute, but I am his mom! As we were leaving, a family of 5, 2 adults and 3 teenagers were sitting enjoying their ice cream and the mom of this family took a look at Kaizer, she taps her husband to get him to turn around and look at him as well. They both start to get quite a giggle at my child's outfit of choice. They are grown ups, not kids, grown ups and they were laughing at MY son. I said out loud so I know they heard me, yes he dresses himself and this is what he likes to wear. They gave me quite a look as well, sort of a, how can you let him come out in public like that look. He wore his shorts and boots to school and none of the kids there laughed or made jokes at his expense, but yet this 2 adults had the audacity to do it. You know what he is 5, I have seen adults in much worse than boots and shorts. Hello this is KY, this is what the boys wear here! If you don't like it, then you don't have to look. But you know if you do look at him and you don't like what you see, then STOP LOOKING. Yes, I know he will get picked on in his life, all kids do, but by other children, not adults. As a parent, I am upset and hurt that someone would even laugh at him over such a petty thing. Grow Up or Stop Looking, he is 5 and he looks just fine!
Sorry for the ranting, but this really ticked me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment