THE ROLLER COASTER OF MY LIFE...

Saturday, June 25, 2011

John 11:4



John 11:4

"When he heard this, Jesus said, "This sickness will not end in death.

No, it is for God's glory so that God's son may be glorified through it."


This verse has been with me for the last couple of days and I praise God for it! This week we had to take Kaizer to the stomach doc in Louisville, which is always stressful to me, when we take him I know 1 of 2 things will happen, more medicine or a hospital visit. This week we escaped the hospital visit, but we did get more medicine, which the insurance company is not wanting to pay for! Yes we could pay it out of pocket, but I can't afford $276 for a 30-day supply of one medicine! Who can! I have been praying/ begging/ crying out to God for the last 2 years for a healing on my child, just to make him whole! As of right now, God hasn't healed him and hasn't made him whole, but I know that God has a mighty plan for my little guy! As I was reading this week in my Experiencing God book, this verse was brought up on 2 separate days and it just really struck me, this is my sign from God! I have never thought that these medical conditions for Kaizer would kill him, but to have the blessed reassurance that God has already taken care of Kaizer's healing in HIS way, not mine, that Jesus will get glorified through this journey with Kaizer, is more than enough of a healing for me!

Kaizer has a healing that you and I can't understand! His healing is having to live with 11 meds a day, knowing his body doesn't work like everyone elses, and being okay with that! How many of us could say we are okay with that, everyday of our lives? At 26, I know I couldn't, but to be 6 and never question a new medicine or ask why do I have to take this many medicines in a day, then he is okay with being just how God made him! God has a mighty plan for this boy, part of this plan included all the medical needs he has! This journey that God intended for him also includes being SAVED at 6! He totally understands what this means and why it is so important for him to make this choice! I am one proud momma!

What a mighty testimony this young child of mine will have in 10 years when someone else at 4, 5, or 6 years of age is living the same life and feels like God has left his side! There will be Kaizer telling his story and sharing God's love with this young child! Kaizer has never questioned why God would give him a belly that doesn't work or lungs that don't get as much air as they should or a heart that doesn't pump right, for him, he is healed in God's eyes and that is what matters! No this illness won't end in death, for Jesus will be glorified through Kaizer's story!

No comments:

Post a Comment